Disclosure: I received this product at a discounted price for a honest, unbiased review. All opinions are my own, all statements are factual. All photos were taken by me and belong to me. This post contains an affiliate link.
I had never owned a tempered glass screen protector before I got the opportunity to try this Voxkin one out. In fact, I had no idea they existed. Aside from flimsy, cheap plastic screen protectors, I had tried a military grade one that I bought from Walmart, that was it.
Below are some pictures of the packaging and item as I unboxed it.
The screen protector lasted for a couple weeks before the corner was chipped and a small piece of glass fell off. After it broke, I decided to remove it. I believe it cracked because I kept lifting that corner trying to spread the adhesive out and get it straight. It was because of me, I believe, not because of the actual product. Below are pictures of it after I removed it. Note: it cracked across as I removed it not initially.
Here are the pros:
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (They are sending me a new one) Although, I will not use it at this time because I am now reviewing a different tempered glass screen protector.
- I scratched a key across it and it is resistant. No, I did not put all my weight on it. I did it like a key scratching across it in a pocket.
- Installation actually is bubble free. I had no bubbles.
- The adhesive does not leave residue of any sort on your screen.
- Easy to take off and put on and repeat (although, this aids in the cracking.)
- Feels nice, unlike the plastic ones
- Scratch resistant (although, nothing is 100%)
Here are the cons:
- Cracks easily if you are not careful when taking it off and putting it on
- Sometimes the adhesive will not spread all the way and will stay a bit in the corner but does effect when you are using the screen. Unlike bubbles, it’s invisible unless the screen is black.
Those are the pros and cons that I found. They may be different for other people. Here are the pictures:
Do I recommend this product? It depends on the type of person you are. If your items last long, I do recommend trying it or at least trying tempered glass. I think it’s cool to try and it works for some and not for others. You won’t know if you never try.
You can buy this one here (Amazon). It’s $8.99 with free shipping for Prime members!
Let me know below: Will you try a tempered glass screen protector? Have you before?
Connect with me:
My Other Blog: www.astudentssearch.com
Google+: My Google+
UPDATE: Voxkin sent me a replacement for free.